Welcome to our weather website!
This website is automatically updated in real time every 2.5 seconds with data from our weather station in San Pedro Town on Ambergris Caye in Belize. We built this site to learn about IT but also because the big weather websites (rhymes with feather dot com, for example) never get the weather right here.
Observations from this station are posted to:
- Ambergris on PWS Weather
- IBELIZ11 on Weather Underground
- f063013a on Windy
- GW0660 on CWOP
- Ambergris Caye on UK Met Office
We have a Purple Air Monitor at this site. You can click here to see real time air quality information.
You can see all of our live cams on our YouTube channel.
Details about the technology we are using:
- Weather station hardware: WeatherFlow Tempest/Tempest
- Raspberry Pi running WeeWX software with Belchertown skin
- Raspberry Pi uptime: 9 days, 18 hours, 11 minutes
- WeeWX uptime: 9 days, 18 hours, 8 minutes
- WeeWX version: 4.5.1
- Belchertown Skin Version: 1.3b1
- MQTT Websockets running on a DigitalOcean droplet
- Sunset live cam: Unifi G4 Pro 4K camera, FFMpeg software, Raspberry Pi
- Beach live cam: sus Chinese camera, soon to be upgraded
- Tide chart from tide-forecast.com
We are part of The Phoenix Resort, Wine de Vine, and Red Ginger family. Click here to read about our work in the community.
Thanks to Phil and Dave - this would not have been possible without their guidance. Also, thank you to Pat O'Brien and the entire WeeWX user group.
Shout out to Cal, a pioneer. RIP SanPedroWeather.com
Follow us on Instagram @BelizeWeather or on Twitter @BelizeWX
Questions or Comments? Send us a note: sanpedrowx[@]gmail dot com>